The gwfgwf* season is almost behind us and a season of “new” is upon us. I’m not one for resolutions per se, but taking time to reflect on the past and think about the future and what you want out of it and make changes are a good thing. I try to do this a couple of times a year, January (it’s a big band wagon, I think there is room for me), in the spring (something about those those longer days and the warmer temps and the annual spring clean), and September (the start of the school year habit is hard to kick).
Goals for this year:
1. Keep the bike commute streak going. Started that back in March of 2012 and haven’t taken the T since. It’s wonderful.
2. Keep the smart food choices going. I lost 30 pounds in 2012 and would like to lose a few more. I don’t “diet”, but make changes in my diet.
3. Be more open. This is going to be really hard. Going to take baby steps here.
4. See the glass as half full. Another hard one. My choice of occupation doesn’t help, but I’m just going to have to find the right glass.
5. Move. Been in my current place for 8 years, time for more space. This is the easiest thing on my list.
*gwfgwf = (pronounced gwiff-gwiff) generic winter festive gathering with food. Covers everything from Thanksgiving through the Super Bowl. Hope you all had a Happy Merry gwfgw!