Hill Country Weavers

I used to scoff at people who would be searching out LYSs to visit while on vacation. After the stressful few weeks that I’ve had – away from home, working long hours, and 90% of my down time spent sleeping (the other 10% is spent commuting from the work site to the hotel, or driving around trying to find food at crazy hours) – visiting Hill Country Weavers was like a tall drink of water on a very, very hot day. Quite simply, it is one of the loveliest yarn stores I’ve ever been in.

Ahhh, yarn. Pretty yarn. Rooms and rooms filled with gorgeous yarn, and patterns, and accessories, and samples. Habu, Misti Alpaca, Noro, Rowan (I even got to fondle some of the elusive Kid Silk Aura!), Alchemy, Koigu, you get the picture. The staff was super friendly and not in that annoying, hovering way. They let me wander and browse to my heart’s content.

There is a new Knit cafe, Knit Buzz, next door; they were in the midst of running a camp across the sreet; and offered a wide variety of classes.

Oh yes, I would move to Austin just to be near Hill Country Weavers. Thank you HCW for saving my sanity.

Photos of the purchases and a review of The Knitting Nest will be coming soon.

Advertisements

~ by Kat on June 19, 2008.

One Response to “Hill Country Weavers”

  1. Sounds fabulous! Glad you had such a great sanity break.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: